View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 11:17 AM   #10
cornerstone

Re: Stopped by the ford dealership

Why in the world would Chevrolet do that!? I find it very hard to believe there wasn’t enough support to justify keeping a small amount of specific sku’s on hand to produce the rcsb. Maybe there more, but I can only think of these...
Frame, bedsides, bedfloor, shorter driveshaft, brake lines and harness.

Maybe the reason is liability?? The only new truck I’ve ever bought was an 05 Silverado with a 5.3. Still pissed I sold it. The truck was a real hotrod with a rated HP of 285. Today’s base V8 is rated at 355. Perhaps they didn’t want to face lawsuits from idiots who blame others for their mistakes?

Man, I see a business opportunity that would surely be a win here. If Chevrolet won’t do it, offer the service to provide the diehard rcsb customers what they want. Allow the customer to say “I’ve got the only one!” You know there’s plenty of folks who would pay a ton to be the only guy in town with a brand new SWB. I guarantee I’m not the first to think of it, I’d bet the farm it’s already being done. Maybe I’ve found my true calling? Hey, I did it to my 1972, why not do it to a 2020!

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote