View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 01:24 PM   #8
oski6754

Re: Replacement Leaf Spring Questions

I believe Atlas Suspension in the City of Industry can make you a custom pack that will perform just the way you want. http://atlassuspension.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by argonaut View Post
I am looking at buying new leaf springs for my Blazer. My goal is the smoothest ride possible with just a minor lift. I am running 33x10.5R15 BFG AT KO2 tires on some 15x7" slots from a 70s Jeep Wagoneer.

I went and spoke to the guys at Deaver and unfortunately they wont build a 2" lift leaf pack. This was disappointing, but they dont seem willing to build a custom pack for me. Oh well. Only 4" which is too high for my needs with tire size and light offroad duty. So now I'm considering the following:

A) Skyjacker 2.5" lift spring set. These would be a little more lift than I want/need, and I'm assuming they'll be stiffer than stock. But I would consider removing one or two leaves from each pack to soften them up and lower just a bit. Question #1 for anyone using 2.5" lift Skyjacher Springs is: how compliant is the ride, compared to stock springs? Would you recommend them?

B) Replacement stock leaf springs from generalspringkc, sdtruckspring, etc. Coupled with a 1" zero-rate. Question #2 to those who have purchased stock replacement leaf springs is: Are these springs 3" wide at the eyes, and have tapered thickness, like the original springs?

I've done a little searching but havent seen a definitive answer. I'm wondering if they are just straight 2.5" wide like aftermarket lift springs.

It is my intent to run rubber bushings in whichever set of springs I go with.

I appreciate and help and answers to my two questions!
oski6754 is offline   Reply With Quote