Thread: My 86 build
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 07:51 PM   #319
TKCR

Re: My 86 build

UPDATE!! Finally got a Diagnosis. It is a rare autoimmune disease, Doctor says I’m a 1 in a million. It is called
Autoimmune Glial Fibrillary Acidic
Protein Astrocytopathy. It’s a mouthful. It is rare, there really isn’t anything on the internet about it.
Last week, doctor had put me back on Steroids, and they are helping. I’m probably at about 60%. So I stay on these for about 3 months and then wean off, and then see how I do. I may have to take them longer if the symptoms return.
Now the bad news is, I have to be watched very closely for cancer. They checked all that when I was in the hospital, so we are ahead on that, no cancer was found. If it does show up, we have a jump on it!! The other thing I need to watch closely is getting pneumonia.
Total weight lost over the 3 months,
30lbs. And I hope to keep it off and maybe a little more. Taking Steroids can make you gain weight.
Sunday 2-23 was THE 1st day in 3 months I could actually get out of the chair and do a little something. I took some truck parts that I had piling up in the garage, out to my seat shed. Took about a half a dozen trips, back & forth. I took it slow and it took about 3 hrs. It felt good to get out and get some fresh air. It was sunny and in the 50’s. So Steroids are my wonder drug!! Can’t wait till I’m back to 100%.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote