View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 12:41 PM   #2
GMCPaul

Re: 1/2 ton springs on 3/4 ton. Will they fit??

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert-rat View Post
1969 GMC 3/4 ton. Search bar not working. Rear leaf 2 1/4 wide 52" long. Trying to lower the truck but keep the 8 lugs. Some say I can use 1/2 ton front coils, so lower coils springs are easy to find. Who make 3/4 ton drop spindles??? The truck has factory disk brakes from a 3/4 ton donor. I've already remove 2 leaves from both side of the rear. It leveled with front and rides a WHOLE lot better. But maybe 2 inches more all the way around. This is a lot to ask for, but hopefully I can get some more help here. Thanks all. Oh ya, the truck will NOT be doing anymore 3/4 ton work. Its retired now.
Yes 1/2 ton springs can be used in front and will cause the truck to sit 2" lower on average than with a 3/4 ton front coil spring. Western / POL ( POL owns Western ) makes a 3/4 ton drop spindle that converts it to disc brakes using 71-87 3/4 ton parts. We carry the disc conversion which you wouldn't need since you state you've already converted which I assume you used 71-87 3/4ton disc brake parts and suspension to do and we also carry the drop spindles in our suspension section on lowering page of suspension. For the rear leafs you might consider taking them in and having them de-arched to achieve a additional 2" in rear.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote