View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 09:49 PM   #55
davischevy

Re: Stopped by the ford dealership

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 View Post
I saw a young couple driving a 1969 Impala over Tincup Pass back in 1989. They made it down the west side okay but the car was somewhat the worse for wear. Ironically, we were driving my old short bed 2wd stepside. But that was back when they still made pickups. It had 16" wheels and a four speed.

It wasn't really their fault. Back then the east side was just a rough gravel road, and they started down the west side before they realized how bad it was and it was too late to turn back. They more or less skidded down the first half mile on their rocker panels. I haven't been back up there now for decades, but judging from YT videos the road has been all tore to hell by motorcycles.

It's not that it's so rough around here (though my driveway is deep rutted now because of the UPS truck ) but I don't see how anyone ever gets all the mud off the bottom of low clearance vehicles. It's hard enough to hose off the Jeep and the 4x4 pickups.
We went over Tin Cup last year, and it is one of the roughest trails I have ever been on. We went up the west side. We met an old military jeep at the top and the guy had his wife and kid with him. I can't imagine riding down In that thing.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote