Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 10:08 PM   #19
joedoh

Re: S10 Swap how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehstr View Post
for those that have done the s10 swap, and did an LS also. Would a set of off the shelf s10 LS conversion mounts work?
they should, if they are the adjustable type. I havent done an LS but I have done a few s10 swaps and with the 4.3 the engine needs to move back about 7 inches, the SBC needs to move back about 4 inches. I dont know where the LS engine side mounts are in respect to the block (or in respect to either the 4.3 or SBC) but I will bet that if the LS needs to move forward in an S10 engine bay it will need to move back in the AD bay, so getting some conversion mounts with some wiggle room in them is what you need to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father&son56project View Post
Perhaps I am missing something obvious (in which case I apologize in advance), but can anyone explain to me what’s going on?

dont apologize, and dont worry about it being smaller diameter, as long as the outer diameter is bigger than the hole you cut it will not move around.

this is the same way people feel about lug nuts, the clamping force is what keeps a hub and wheel together, not (just) the lug seat.

so in this case, the sideways forces are resisted by the friction of the flat surfaces together, clamped with both the weight of the cab and the through bolt. I actually cut my holes oversize too and use that fudge room to move a cab around and get it perfect on the frame.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote