Thread: 47-55.1 Soffseal door rubber
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 09:08 AM   #46
Zippi

Re: Soffseal door rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo View Post
Here's the latest word on the SoffSeal:

I ordered SoffSeal cuz I am vehemently against encouraging the price gouging of auto enthusiasts that Steele Rubber Supply commits. No way should it cost $175 for door seals. I'll go without before paying that much.

My SoffSeal arrived. The wide side is 11/16. At first I was discouraged. That's too wide for my truck; the doors would never close. Finally the GENIUS SOLUTION occurred to me!!!!!

The door seals have two points - a wide point (11/16") and a narrower point (1/2"). Just because the YouTube video says you should install the seal with the wide side at the top doesn't mean you are required to do it that way! If your doors are tight, you can flip the seal over so the narrow side points toward the cab! It's essentially reversible to accommodate wide or narrow door gaps! It will allow you to easily close your doors yet still seal great. And unless you're doing a concours points restoration it will be virtually undetectable.

Here are some pics of the SoffSeal, with the tape measure at the wide point. I will actually install it just as I'm holding it, with the narrow point on the top. I'll let you know how it works but, having done these door seals a couple of times before, I anticipate it should work great.
I'm liking the SofSeal more and more and the option of flipping the seal. Can you show a pic of the seal against your door both ways? Thanks man.

Last edited by Zippi; 02-29-2020 at 10:02 AM.
Zippi is offline   Reply With Quote