View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 07:56 AM   #78
special-K
Special Order

Re: Stopped by the ford dealership

Actually, most people do own multiple vehicles. I can haul better in my Suburban than a shortbed truck. I don't own a vehicle just so I can haul refrigerators, plus there are trailers for even larger loads, when such need arises, and the Suburban is an excellent tow vehicle*. All I know is I'm an industrious guy on most all levels, have been running a contracting business, and raised a family. I have never had a use for an ext cab. The trucks used in my business require a ladder rack which limits height of load just as a Suburban does. Suburbans have existed longer than any other vehicle model for a reason... absolutely handy useful vehicles on all levels. For me it's long beds for work, shortbeds for fun and a little work, and Suburbans for everything. In fact, I've been working out of my K2500 Suburban for five years now. Right now it has an 8' floor full of building tools with 9 sheets of 1/2" plywood and 4 sheets of 5/8" drywall on top. I didn't want to unload yesterday with thunderstorms coming last night. Can't haul any more than a Suburban in a long bed with a cap over the bed to keep cargo dry and locked up

* I see 1t crewcabs with bed covers that can't haul crap. I see them with bicycle racks in the hitch.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote