View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 01:48 PM   #340
TA_C10

Re: 1971 Stepside LS Build

I've found that these transducers started around 96ish. So they've been around a while. If I understand it correctly...... you either get the weld-in bung if you have that ability or you get the crimp-on style adapter and install inline. The transducer is then installed. If you don't have a harness with this plug you will need to install the necessary wires (see post above) and pin them in the PCM. No big deal. Buy the plug, and wire it right(same post above). Done. Your fans are already wired with 3 relay setup. Then you tune the PCM how you want, either stock or custom. Everyone usually needs to get their PCM tuned anyway so depending on your mods all this gets done at same time.

I think it's easier because you don't have to research all the trinary stuff and wire it up. Of course we've pulled together with help of many folks all that work for ya now so others won't know that time spent I guess. But your also not messing with both diodes and resistors. And you don't have the problem if trinary goes bad and using switched power as it's PCM controlled.

I dunno. Maybe I just think different on this one. I'm biased on this particular subject however...

"It's only money".

Last edited by TA_C10; 03-07-2020 at 01:53 PM.
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote