View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 10:51 AM   #344
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Re: 1971 Stepside LS Build

Wow! What a discussion I didn't think the transducer was something unique for the swaps. Hope it helps others.

We had a great weather day yesterday, so I went to pick and pull (therapy) and wandered around. I found an 06 two door Civic with really clean weatherstrips so I pulled them. $14 later I went home and they do fit our doors perfectly. The doors close easily with a good seal around the whole door. I just don't like they way they look. The extra lip that goes around the interior trim on the car looks really out of place on our trucks. I don't think you could ever trim it and make it look right. I wonder if the Dakota weatherstrip has this as well? I've also heard that semi truck weatherstripping fits. It was worth $14 to see if I liked them I guess.
Attached Images

1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote