Thread: Sold American!
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 11:48 PM   #106
67C10Step

Re: Sold American!

I have one, complete 3/8" drive SK socket/ratchet set that I managed to put together from all my father's tools after he passed away. I straightened out the metal box, powder coated it hammer tone green/silver and those are now just a decoration piece in my tool box.

I try to buy American at every turn. Carry an American made Kershaw knife most every day, just last year bought my son his first set of Craftsman tools just like my dad did for me at the same age. That was 31 years ago and I still use the wrenches to this day. Do own a few guns that were made in Belgium and the Czech Republic though.

As for cars, well, my signature says it all. As to the labor hours to build very often on the "American" vehicles those labor hours are paid to a Canadian or Mexican, not an American. My last three GMC's wracked up more maintenance dollars than most of the Toyota's I have owned combined.

I am a chemical engineer by degree and did process design and control for decades. I now do sales of engineered products and spend a lot of time in power plants, paper mills, etc. Totally American made products in the electronics and anything requiring foundry work is almost impossible. Sad, but true.
2024 Toyota Tundra
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote