View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 04:05 PM   #236
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

Re: 1968 GMC - Ol' Blue

potter,
hi! very nice build.. I have a couple questions for you related to your fans setup. according to post #160:
"...Also got my fans and fuel pump wired up and running. I used the GM 3-relay setup for the fans so they both run half speed when the PCM calls for low-speed and they both run full speed when the PCM calls for high-speed. This is a fuse block/relay setup I got from Amazon for $30. I looked at the Bussmann setup and it's nice because it has internal bussing to make wiring a little easier, but I would have spent over $100 because there is a minimum quantity of seals and terminals so I would have ended up with hundreds of them that you don't use. This block worked pretty well - I soldered the 10 ga wires to the terminals since they weren't big enough to crimp. Other than that, the seals fit tight and I'm pretty happy with it. Don't mind the labeling on the wires, we just used leftover wiring from my AAW harness to match the colors used in the GM diagram."

did you use any of the factory wires (factory harness) for your fan connections?
if so where and how did you located or tied into them?
I am wanting to do the same setup in my '86 with a 2013 4.8 and complete factory harness.
thank you for your time & sharing your build!!
rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote