View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 11:56 AM   #66
19SIKtySix

Re: Project El Viejito, '66 C10 LWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
Love the look of the rims and it appears you have spurred at least a couple of us to do close to the same. I have seen this before, but it was on a harley, but the idea is great. I love white walls, but hate the upkeep, cost and such, so i am looking at Summit. I too have looked for 22" transits and damn, no good, but 20" are offered at summit. They have 20x9 with 4.75" backspace and 20x8.5 with 3.75" backspace. What size are your rims? I could not see what width they are. 22" dia i got.
Thanks 88Stanger, that is exactly the reason I went this route. I wanted to avoid all the upkeep and I had a budget to get this truck back on the road. I wanted to originally run 18" Detroits with a wide white wall tire from Diamond Back, but it was well over $2k and would've killed my budget. Like I mentioned earlier, I found a user on Instagram who was selling them and was able to bore out the centers before shipping for a fee.

I believe the transits are 22x9, the 265/35/22 fits the rim perfect, but maybe somebody else could verify that. I couldn't even tell you the backspacing, as they only come 1 way unless they are modified, which they weren't. I do know that they are almost the perfect backspacing if the truck gets bagged. The rears clear the bedside and the fronts are tucked in nicely.

If I ever take the wheel back off, I'll measure the backspacing and post it here.

Instagram: c_lo_garage

Check out my 1966 C10 project "El Viejito" here:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=674614
19SIKtySix is offline   Reply With Quote