View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 01:21 PM   #6
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: Edelbrock Carb Fuel Pressure Regulator

Edelbrocks are more sensitive to fuel pressure then Holleys are, but also have much smaller fuel capacity then Holleys.

By my calculus I would want the regulator as close to the engine if you have a healthier motor. If your running a stock warmed up 350 the fire wall would sufficient.

That is so the column of fuel is more readily available for when you hit the throttle.

All Edelbrocks from what I have seen. Have the same bowl size so it doesn't matter if it is a 600cfm or 800cfm. The HP/TQ of the motor set the ideals.

Last thing to consider is running a bypass regulator. They work more efficiently then the dead head model, and keep a column of cooler fuel at the regulator if your in death valley let's say in summer. I had a 70 C10 rclb that had a LT1 solid cammed 375hp 350 roughly with a worked 600 cfm Holley vacuum secondary carb. I drove it to Vegas, and then in death valley with no vapor lock issues. I used a bypass regulator, and the engine didnt have 1 hiccup due to hot fuel. Even pulling the grade going back to the Lone Pine area on the west side.

The highs that day were 117* F
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote