View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 08:41 AM   #24
Bkndsdl

Re: 1980 C10 Short Fleet Build

While we didn't do anything 'to' the truck this weekend, we did do something 'with' it. I was burning some fallen limbs in the back yard, and gave him a choice: Get the mower and the trailer and get the limbs to me, OR he could use the truck. When I said the truck he got a huge smile on his face.

Rosie, the Supervisor, is ever present when he is doing something. These two are inseparable.

Backed it up to the dropoff point like a pro.

Rosie decided to see what the fuss was all about. She's getting old and I had to help her up. She approves!

One other thing I did was fix the gloves on my homemade blast cabinet. The rings are made from the roof of my '64. Although I ground them as smooth as I could, the constant rubbing on the edge took its toll and ripped the gloves at the connection point. I took the door edge trim piece off the truck and cut them to length, then installed them on the edge of the ring. Then I cut the gloves where they were ripped and installed them over the edge trim. Repurposing is a must at my house. It should be good to go now!

Good as new.

Dirty Dan - '80 Short Fleet
Bkndsdl is offline   Reply With Quote