View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 08:42 AM   #4
C.I.Blazer

Re: 4L65e Neutral Safety Switch and Reverse Lights

Spoke with PSI yesterday and thought I would add the information I found out in case someone looks this thread up in the future. The PSI instructions say that there is an optional orange wire in the under dash harness that can be hooked up to "Park Neutral Signal". The harness itself has two orange wires. One is a long one in the under dash wire bundle as well as a short (~6") length of orange wire that comes out of the loom by the transmission connector. I mistakenly thought that this short section of wire is what I hooked to the park/neutral switch on my floor mount shiefter.

PSI told me yesterday that this short length of wire is only for a 4l80 transmission (not sure why it is on my harness when I specified a 4l60) and that it does not get hooked up. They also told me that the long orange wire should not be hooked up to anything and that it was simply a test wire. Not sure why it specifies how to install it in the instructions. I asked about the park/neutral switch being used to control the idle RPMs when in park and neutral and was told that this was already done via the transmission connection.

Anyway, seems a bit odd to me but will follow there directions. Does that make sense? Hope this helps someone down the road.
C.I.Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote