View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 07:01 PM   #7
mr48chev

Re: ONE MORE TIME!!!! put down what you are working on in your questions.

The thing is that I don't have all of the info I share with folks when they ask a question right there in my head and even if I do I very often take the time to check and verify my info. Or in some cases I spend anywhere from a couple of minutes to an hour searching for the right answer or go out with my camera and dig a piece out and take photos for that answer. I don't believe in doing guesses and firmly believe that if you are not positive that you are giving the correct answer don't give an answer at all. That is far more a face book issue than here as some people in the truck group there tend to throw out obviously wrong answers on a regular basis.

Getting the correct answer the first time requires giving all the pertinent information in the question and not assuming that the other guys remember exactly what you have or will look at your build page to find out.

Sorry to be a bit of a gripe but spending a half hour to look up what the person who was asking a question about only to be told "oh no, that isn't what I have, i have a _____" gets a bit tiresome.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote