View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 10:32 AM   #16
SCOTI

Re: Suspension pros and cons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyking1203 View Post
So with a little research, I found out the truck is a 69, not a 70.. dont really think that matters.

For the time being, can I put a 71/71 ball joint in a 69 a arm? Also will the 71/72 tie rod work with the 69 drag link? Spindles will be for a 71/72.

Also thinking of lowering the truck with the 4" coils from lmc, do I need to replace the pan hard bar, or will stock be ok?
I found out the truck is a 69, not a 70.. dont really think that matters. No, it doesn't. The differences come into play in 71 (disc brakes changed things).

Can I put a 71/71 ball joint in a 69 a arm? Yes.

Will the 71/72 tie rod work with the 69 drag link? You need 71/72 outer tie rod ends for sure. You might need adapter sleeves if the inner/outer thread sizes are different or you can see if 71/72 inners work w/the current drag-link (I've had different results on different trucks as a result of things getting changed over the years).

Also thinking of lowering the truck with the 4" coils from lmc, do I need to replace the pan hard bar, or will stock be ok? The 4" drop coils will prob be ok but you'll be reaching the point of diminishing returns. There are aftermarket adjustable Panhard bars & you'll want one to allow centering the rear end because as it gets lower it will shift to one side. The aftermarket Panhard bars come in different lengths (long & short). The longer the bar, the less side-to-side shift there is when the suspension cycles up/down while driving.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote