View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 10:57 PM   #13
RustyPile

Re: *Turn Signal Not working*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
OK, apparently I don't have enough to do. :-) I've been researching turn signals on old trucks. 1949 didn't have any!

So, whatever is on your truck, it's not required and didn't come on the truck. According to what I read on the Internet, it was an option in some years and dealer installed option in some years. Not really clear what years, but 1953 appears to be the turning point for cars. Not sure about the trucks. You were supposed to stick your arm out the window and give the signal with your hand.

So, my whole reason for saying this is the wiring diagram won't help. Here's the wiring diagram
http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com...49ctsm1202.jpg

If you have an aftermarket turn signal switch or after market or later model steering column in the truck, or some other switching system that your truck has, you will need to trace those wires.

We probably need some 47-53 truck owners to chime in here. I try to help where I can, but I have a 69.
I need to chime in on this too.. I made an assumption also.. My mistake was in thinking about '67 and later trucks.. I have no idea what year the OP is working on, so maybe the OP can enlighten us on what he is working on -- aftermarket turn signals, owner installed turn signals, dealer installed turn signals, a truck besides the one in his avatar????
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote