View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 12:39 AM   #49
cornerstone

Re: Pre-Start Concerns... Gen 5 sat dormant for 3+ years

Ok, lets try this again... Since Thanksgiving I've been on all kinds of other projects and almost no truck time... Now that the world is in full freak out mode and my business is apparently "non-essential", I have some extra time available.

I picked up where I left off. I cleaned the crap off of the intake valves and runners, then installed a used set of stock GM injectors in that were sonic cleaned and flow tested. I do have spark, but still no start. My ground wire was on the thin side and started to melt after about 10 seconds of cranking, so I quit there for the night. I'll get a more appropriate gauge ground wire and try again tomorrow. I'm hoping that it didn't crank long enough to get fuel to the injectors. If that doesn't work I'll be clueless on what to do next...

Is the pedal supposed to actuate the throttle body before it starts? When I power up the system and depress the accelerator pedal I don't hear anything happening in the TB.

Is there a guru in the house?

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote