View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 01:54 AM   #15
RustyPile

Re: *Turn Signal Not working*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippi View Post
I have a 1949 Chevy 5 window truck. All the lights are aftermarket. All the wires appear to be new as this truck was built in 2015. My steering column is out of a 1984 Chevy truck. I have black and green wires going to my turn signals so that's why I was saying I still have my eye on the black wire I found dangling. I'm going to try and get to this tomorrow if possible to do some more testing.
I can help you with the wire colors at the turn signal connector at the main harness but I'm afraid anything beyond that is pure conjecture.. The black wire at the turn signal connector comes from the horn relay ground terminal and goes to the horn contact in the steering wheel.. What that black wire you found "dangling" is anybody's guess..

Here's the color code at the turn signal switch connector for the steering column----

Black - Horn relay ground to horn button in steering wheel
Lt blue - Left front turn signal and left turn indicator in instrument cluster
Blue - Right front turn signal and right turn indicator in instrument cluster
Brown - From hazard flasher
Purple - From Direction flasher
Yellow - Left rear turn signal
Green - Right rear turn signal
White - To stop light switch

You might try my test instructions in my first post.. I don't know if they will help or work for you or not.. The color code for GM vehicles of the '70s - '80s era usually follows a pattern, but there's no telling about the harness in your truck... Sorry I can't be of more help...
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote