View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 10:44 AM   #2505
special-K
Special Order

Re: My Facetruck thread.

I wish I had a dog about now. Good time to train one.

This is Facetruck and I am here to report on yesterday. For breakfast I had...….…………… my left thumb is hurting in the second knuckle...………………….. neighbor's dog ran across the yard...
… I replaced the cedar shakes and rotted facia on the portico that hangs over the back door here.

So during this pandemic I have my older son and his girlfriend landed here. Late afternoon on the step ladder, all wrapped up in getting finished what I started before suppertime, I pause. My noise stops and I listen. I can hear my neighbor grinding on his '87 K20 out back, the sounds of my younger son hammering, working on his truck closer by in the driveway. And across the drive my son is running a sander, doing woodwork in his van. That was a great moment for me. Doesn't take much, and that did plenty. Just me and my boys being industrious. I got my little roof job done and a shower passed through before dawn, which I was not expecting. It's time to appreciate things we take for granted, in these times. That's for sure

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote