Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 11:59 AM   #641
SCOTI

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Also, pay attention to how far my front wheels stick out compared to the rear. I went with the deluxe lowering kit from Brothers Trucks if anyone remembers way back in my thread. Looks like the new spindles first of all fix the angle so the wheel is centered in my wheel well? I thought the stockers was an A-arm issue where the wheel was set back in the well? Maybe spindles can fix that, didn't know about this issue when I bought the kit but looks good to me. But downside is the wheel sticks out way too far.

The PO put 275x60R15 tires on 10" rims all the way around so this is one of the problems. The fronts need to be 8" rims and a smaller width tire to fit right. But I think modular spindles from CPP might give me another 1.5" pull into the wheel well if I am not mistaken. Might go that route down the road. But for now, I took it for another stroll around the neighborhood and they didn't rub.
6-lug 12bolt rear housings were typically 1.5" narrower (.750" each side) than 5-lug housings. So a disc brake equipped truck would normally have a slightly wider rear housing which would camouflage the difference you're seeing by the addition of disc brake spindles & the same size wheel @ all four corners.

The CPP spindles do not alter the wheels fore/aft position within the fender opening. That is strictly done by shifting the a-arm mounting points. The CPP modular drop spindle helps w/the track width increases usually seen when swapping from drum brake spindles to disc brake spindles (about .375" - .500" each side).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote