Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 12:18 PM   #642
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
That's the problem with 67-70 trucks, the track width difference front to rear. Our 69 had the same issue, 10" wide wheels and the fronts stuck way out and rubbed. We put the 8" wheels that came on my 68 on it and it looks much better. You pretty much have to do 8 or 8.5 in the front and 9.5 or 10 in the back to make it look right.

But it looks good, great to see it all mocked up!
Thank you sir. I do plan to change something here. Not sure I just grab a couple front rims 8" or do new wheels and tires all the way around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971Stepside View Post
So, you got the door/rocker figured out?
Well.... Sorta.... I messed with the doors for hours Thursday/Friday and called it quits... The doors still stick out from the rocker just a bit, not too bad now. And because its lowered so much you would never see it. So since i'm targeting this truck as my DD, I'm leaving it alone for now. I may one day come back and cut the rockers and bring them out. I also may take a mallet and bang the bottom doors in a little as that might be enough. If I do, I will let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
6-lug 12bolt rear housings were typically 1.5" narrower (.750" each side) than 5-lug housings. So a disc brake equipped truck would normally have a slightly wider rear housing which would camouflage the difference you're seeing by the addition of disc brake spindles & the same size wheel @ all four corners.

The CPP spindles do not alter the wheels fore/aft position within the fender opening. That is strictly done by shifting the a-arm mounting points. The CPP modular drop spindle helps w/the track width increases usually seen when swapping from drum brake spindles to disc brake spindles (about .375" - .500" each side).
Thanks for this clarification sir. I'm drum in the back and new disk kit in the front so that's probably some of my issue for sure.

And that's what I thought, it had to be an A-arm change to fix the fore/aft position. I'm running stock control arms on my 70. I wonder how I got lucky and my wheels are centered??? Everything was bone stock on this truck when I tore it apart. I dunno....

So it sounds like the CPP modular spindles won't be enough by themselves... I will probably have to reduce my front rim to an 8" to get it tucked...

And as far as the rear, I will just get larger meatz! and get the backspacing correct on the rims, I ordered the brothers rear inner wide tubs and called it a day. I was gonna do my own but my wife is ready for this truck to be done

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote