Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 01:12 PM   #643
SCOTI

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Thanks for this clarification sir. I'm drum in the back and new disk kit in the front so that's probably some of my issue for sure.... So it sounds like the CPP modular spindles won't be enough by themselves... I will probably have to reduce my front rim to an 8" to get it tucked...
Yes, definitely. To be specific, your 6-lug drum-brake rear truck housing is most likely narrower than a 5-lug drum-brake truck housing so it exaggerates the visual of the fronts sticking out when using the same size wheel front & rear. You went from drum brake spindles to disc spindles so the wheels are pushed out farther because of the wider disc brake track width.

Quote:
And that's what I thought, it had to be an A-arm change to fix the fore/aft position. I'm running stock control arms on my 70. I wonder how I got lucky and my wheels are centered??? Everything was bone stock on this truck when I tore it apart. I dunno....
You typically notice the un-centered wheel location when utilizing aggressive drops. Mild drops when using spindles help minimize the issue. With the truck not aligned yet, it could be a fluke or, it could be the placement of all the sheet metal (the farther fore/aft of the sheet metal, the less you notice things) or it could be a combo of all the above (using spindles, alignment setting, & sheet metal location on the chassis).

Quote:
And as far as the rear, I will just get larger meatz! and get the backspacing correct on the rims, I ordered the brothers rear inner wide tubs and called it a day. I was gonna do my own but my wife is ready for this truck to be done
10" wheels w/275-60's should fit w/o mini-tubs using the proper back spacing. Off the shelf back spacing is not ideal. This is where you have to weigh PROS/CONS.

Purchasing mini-tubs doesn't help your front issue. Since your front wheels are sticking WAAY out, you should look for a narrower wheel. I would consider appropriate sized wheels w/the back-spacing optimized as much as possible vs. generic/off the shelf dimensions.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote