Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 01:23 PM   #644
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Yes, definitely. To be specific, your 6-lug drum-brake rear truck housing is most likely narrower than a 5-lug drum-brake truck housing so it exaggerates the visual of the fronts sticking out when using the same size wheel front & rear. You went from drum brake spindles to disc spindles so the wheels are pushed out farther because of the wider disc brake track width.

You typically notice the un-centered wheel location when utilizing aggressive drops. Mild drops when using spindles help minimize the issue. With the truck not aligned yet, it could be a fluke or, it could be the placement of all the sheet metal (the farther fore/aft of the sheet metal, the less you notice things) or it could be a combo of all the above (using spindles, alignment setting, & sheet metal location on the chassis).

10" wheels w/275-60's should fit w/o mini-tubs using the proper back spacing. Off the shelf back spacing is not ideal. This is where you have to weigh PROS/CONS.

Purchasing mini-tubs doesn't help your front issue. Since your front wheels are sticking WAAY out, you should look for a narrower wheel. I would consider appropriate sized wheels w/the back-spacing optimized as much as possible vs. generic/off the shelf dimensions.

Oh, I must not have worded this correctly. I got rear only wider than stock tubs. I just want huge wheels/tires in the back. My stock tubs needed considerable work so it just made sense to grab new ones, wider while I was at it

So rear I'm thinking of like 315's or wider.

Fronts, yeah, appropriate sized wheels/tires will probably be my next move now that I understand I only get .5" at most each side with the modular drop spindles...

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote