View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 04:37 PM   #42
Zippi

Re: *Turn Signal Not working*

Ok, project is complete with all turn signals working and I got the emergency flasher working as well. RustyPile you are correct both ribbons had to go down the column but......there is a plastic shield that was preventing the plugs from going up the column. I had to unbolt the column from the underside of the dash and loosen the 4 bolts that were fastened to column on the sides and then with a pair of pliers I was able to pull the plastic shield out. Once that was done it was like dropping a bucket down a well. The extra plug was not connected to anything so I cut all the wires inside the column under the turn signal switch. My old 49 does not use cruise control or the wipers from the lever. I just like a cleaner install. I purchased 2 new light sockets from Tuckersparts.com and they were shipped today. I used my test light on the wires on the passengers side turn signal and it now flashes. Never had that recently. I appreciate everyone's help that participated in my issue with the turn signal.
Attached Images

Zippi is offline   Reply With Quote