View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 07:18 PM   #25
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Re: Perfect night for a run

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 tigger View Post
Do any of you guys do that BMI stuff? Have a friend that was showing me that his BMI had him in the overweight category (he had been in the obese zone). I told him to punch in 5’11” and 180 pounds to see what category l was in. He said your like me, overweight. Then he said wait a second and he punched in 179 pounds, which put me in the normal range. I told him I didn’t care what that thing shows, as long as I have a 32” waist, I’m fine
I don’t do the BMI.
When I was younger and going to the gym I weighed 210 to 215. I was lifting heavey had different goals. I was still playing city league football. Last 10 or 12 years I ranged 175 to 185. Right now I’m a little heavy maybe 195. I’m just under 6’. I go more by how I feel physically. At 175 I can get light headed at work if I have bigs roll of carpet to carry. At 215 I felt strong as a bull but , I was a lot younger.
I’d say 185 is a healthy weight for me.
I can cut or gain weight easily. Most of it is just discipline.
I am intentional about my health. I don’t have a serious retirement plan, so if I end up living under the bridge I want to be healthy enough to defend myself against the other homeless bums.
I see a lot of people who make it to their “golden years” but have poor health and the medical bills mount up.