View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 08:34 PM   #1
1956cameo

Old Junky Cheyenne Super Shop Truck

About 3 years ago I bought out an entire 67-72 collection. There was only one complete (mostly) truck, but about a dozen truckloads of parts. Besides the countless bins of parts I got one extremely solid cab and two short wheelbase frames. One of which was completely restored and even had a rebuilt 350 engine and 700r4 transmission. I also got 2 or 3 truckloads of sheetmetal. After going through everything I realized that I had everything that I needed except the cab to make a patina Cheyenne Super in the light green and white. Fortunately for me I saw a Cheyenne cab in the right color combination on craigslist last September for $400. I immediately called the dude and made the deal. My plan is to make the truck look like an all original and unrestored Cheyenne Super when in reality it will be a truck completely made out of spare parts from numerous trucks. I plan on making it my swap meet and parts running truck. I'm trying to cut costs by using as many parts from my inventory as possible and only buying what is needed for safety and dependability.

So here's what I started with. A craigslist 1971 Cheyenne cab with title for $400. Overall a very solid cab. The only rust is along the inner roof panel above the windshield and the rockers. Sorry for the sideways pics. The early pictures are before I knew that you have to hold the camera sideways for the pics to look right on the forum.
Attached Images

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote