View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 04:58 PM   #9
sweetk30

Re: Oil filter bypass

lots of guys bypass the filter adapter springy thing with a tap and pipe plug or aftermarket adapter . but you MUST run a good quality filter like a wix race or k&n or other made for high pressure . as the filter can see crazy pressure when cold fired and thick oil .

next i also would skip a high vol oil pump as they are more a band aid i have read and been told buy a few engine builders over the years .

oil control to the pan and held at the pump is more a key point to focus on in my opinion . with a bare block do some free labor and use some carbide bits and de-bur the block and open all the drain holes up from casting flashing . polish the drain runs and ports up nice and smooth . also work the block and rear main cap for oil flow out of the oil pump . lots of guys find huge flow restrictions in this spot .

next get the oil away from the crank and then hold it in a good pan with good baffles and this will all keep the most un-used oil down were the pump needs it .

engine masters show just did a shoot out on the dyno of oil flow / capacity / pan style / crank scraper and the results were use for tons of cheep labor and or super cheep parts like a crank scraper install .
85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote