View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 06:31 PM   #2
SCOTI

Re: the ls engine debackle

I'm good w/either one. They are both great in the big picture. I have big-blocks as well.

The conundrum for me is the 'choice'. I currently have 2 406's sitting in my shop. One is an older rebuild/used motor (older as in original short rod/dish piston motor) & the other is a 5.7 rod flat-top Hypereutectic rebuild. The older used motor has some Dart Iron Eagles that helped the dished pistons scenario + an aftermarket cam (unknown specs). The other rebuild has some AFR's sitting on it & currently a flat-tappet hydraulic Lunati. I have supporting parts for the sbc's as everything I have utilizes pre-LS drivetrains.

It's tough to choose spending $$ for LS swap specific stuff when you have sbc stuff already sitting around. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one w/this dilemma. My current logic is to build what I have on hand & transition toward an LS based set-up on future/planned upgrades.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.