View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 04:04 PM   #13
mr48chev

Re: ONE MORE TIME!!!! put down what you are working on in your questions.

I don't care if a new guy has no automotive mechanic experience at all. Remember I spent 13 years teaching high school auto shop starting with sophomore students who didn't some of who didn't know how to drive yet as they actually never got behind the wheel time until they took drivers ED that was a required subject in that time frame.

It's not the asking a question because you don't know the basics that bugs me. It is assuming that others who do answer a number of questions daily remember or know what you are working on that is the issue.

I never throw a guess out when someone puts up a question. I refuse to throw out a wrong answer just to be funny and will call you on if you do. This board is great but I am on another board where certain guys think posting a bogus answer is funny.
I do normally research my answers to make sure that I have them right, that takes time. The question that caused my uproar this time I spent almost an hour of my time checking to make sure my answer was right and then got an "oh no that wasn't what I was asking about I am working on a _______ now.

It all comes down to don't assume that others know what you are working on. Take the time to remind us of the year of the truck, the size of the engine and year if possible, or what ever details you can provide including clear photos with a decent camera of what you are working on for us to check. Someone here will have the correct answer if you give as much info as you are able to.

On the other hand some times we as those giving the answer may be guilty of assuming that the one asking the question has the ability to visualize what we are writing about without us giving extra details or a full set of instructions .

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote