View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 07:38 AM   #42
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Re: Perfect night for a run

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckster View Post
The problem with getting up so early is that by 9:00 it feel like nap time.

This is the first of 3 major hills and 2 minor hills on my route. I hit the bottom of this one at the beginning of mile 3.
With views like that it probably would make it easier to do morning runs.
The hills look brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I run when the cops are chasing me.

Does that count?
It does if you don’t get caught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
Seabees like to formation run so there was always enough ego pushing the pack around the base, down the street, up the beach, etc..

Navy prt standards are lame, 1.5mi run 14-16min or something like that based on age.. I averaged 9-10min when I was younger and 10-11 toward the end to retirement..

NCW were pt hounds, 8 count body builders, be-gin and assorted fun cardio games..

I don't run now but Mrs Bee 10 years my younger is a running / gym freak but keeps that smokin bod in top shape..

I need to get back to some form of exercise, an inch from 50, I've put a few pounds on driving the desk
Sometimes when I’m having a tough run I’ll do cadence in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I thought that was normal. Actually a natural human instinct. It cools off in the fall and I start wanting potato chips with my sandwich, snacks before supper, anything as long as it means added calories. I doesn't come back off as easy now, but with a little conscious (or not) I end up impressing myself with a lower weight. I see these weight loss program claims something like "Lose 5# in the first two weeks!". I think, "Really? Is that all?". I can lose 5# in two days just by watching what I eat.
I’ve seen diet programs that you 10lbs in 3 days. Not something that can be done consistently. I’m not saying that it is healthy either.
I’d say losing weight is done in the kitchen and gaining strength is from doing.
Over all health is doing both.