View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 02:48 PM   #36
SCOTI

Re: Center link hitting crossmember???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Bollinger View Post
I rebuilt my front end last winter with Moog and cpp drop spindle and disc brake kit. First off when I bought the truck the power steering gearbox was leaking bad so I replaced it with a rebuilt oem from local parts store. The following winter I did the CPP kit with Moog pitman arm and drag link. My pitman arm went on exactly like the OP's. My center link was a tight fit but does not hit but after seeing this I think I will replace it with a new one. It must be the pitman arm is not machined right. Oh my truck is a 68.
Not necessarily. It could be the CPP parts work together because THEY are from the same source & share the same dimensions.

Moog is known for their quality vs other options. I've used their parts (pitman arms) on many of these trucks (6x-99's) & not had one arm that didn't fit a factory rebuilt steering box. But, as I indicated, a bad run is possible.

If someone that got one of these 'fit' issues between the CPP box & Moog pitman arm (where the arm is barely engaging the shaft shank threads) would/could go to a parts store (or test it on a factory used power steering box), I would be curious if there was still a fit related issue.

It would add some clarity to others that will read these threads while searching for an answer for their issues.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote