View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 12:32 AM   #626
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

I ordered some isolation mounts for the air tank from McMaster Carr some months ago. When the compressor is running and the tank pressure is real low the noise inside is loud. After some investigation I determined that the reason it is louder is until the tank gets about 40 PSI in it you hear the check valve rattling. So my theory is by putting some sound insulators on the feet the check valve noise won't travel through to the floor as bad. The unfortunate side of the mounts is that I had to drill the holes out to 13/16" to install them. Dropping the tank was a must so I've been putting this off for a while. Not a lot of photos. First one of the mounts, new bolts and the bit I bought to drill the feet. And a photo of one installed.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote