View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 12:56 AM   #7913
cornerstone

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
I think destroyed is a little harsh. (Don't get me wrong I don't approve, but we've all seen worse things done to trucks we love) I don't believe that would be too difficult to save if the truck is as rust free as it appears. Or for that price it wouldn't be a bad choice for a short box conversion.
This is me eating crow...I didn't even think about what a great SWB oportunity this truck would be. Shame on me! Actually it sounds like the motor has been properly warmed over too... bonus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
I agree. I don't find that modification as ugly as the chop top in post #7887. Also agree that Longhorn is screaming for someone to buy it and shorten it since it has already been modified. I'd love to but my time and budget aren't hardly handling one project.
I second that! Chopped classic trucks make me wonder "who thought that was a good idea?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDL View Post
It is a nice truck looked it over and made a deal and will pick up ties weekend
Congratulations on your new truck! It sure does look like a clean truck for that asking price. What route do you think you'll go? SWB conversion? Lonhorn restoration? Perhaps just fix'r up and have a one of a kind?

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.