View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 06:48 PM   #15
RustyPile

Re: *Replacement Turn Signal Lever*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippi View Post
Thanks for the info. I was looking at videos online and saw something that caught my eye. I took a screen shot of this fellows earlier steering column and turn signal lever and how it attaches to the turn signal switch. The switch I have has the same area where I could use a screw on turn signal lever. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm thinking the older style lever should work on my switch. I do have 4 wires coming off my turn signal lever but I'm hoping that is all for the options on the switch and the turn signal is operated off the turn signal switch itself.
An older style lever may or may not attach to your present turn signal switch.. However, the fly in your ointment is the upper housing and the extended area that encloses the wiper switch and pivot.. You'll have to hog out quite an opening for clearance so the lever can have enough movement.. Also, you'll have to remove the wiper switch and it's pivot..

With all due respect, you're going to an awful lot of trouble just to get rid of a lever..
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote