View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004, 07:21 PM   #10
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WES
By the way, can anyone tell me the advantages urithane body mounts have, besides they may be a little cheaper? I hear that they may last a little longer. But either one of these advantages do not outweigh the disadvantages. Do they make the truck handle better? I don't think so because they are not suspention related. WES www.ClassicHeartbeat.com
When I drop the hammer, & start pounding 6 gears that old longhorn goes a lot straighter with urathane bushings The ride is stiffer, that is noticeable.....but she is a street toy. I dont think urathane is the answer for a 4x4 that needs to flex off road,or a truck that will haul a heavy load on a reg basis, but for my useage it shouldnt be a problem. price was not the big issue for me, the longhorn has a steel tilt nose, & those rubber bushings let the cab "dance "around on the frame with the clutch....you didnt know for sure where that clutch would engage! prob solved, after the urathane bushing install. crazyL
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote