View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 12:16 PM   #93
lexteak

Re: 58 Apache with C4 Flatout Engineering

Thanks For all the info. Great stuff on the fish plate welds. I will research that some and get a better visual. So I thought about the frame width last night. I think I am going to narrow it the 1/2 inch. Here is my reasoning. It makes the front cross member fit as designed, I still need to trim the bottom and box in for the control arm (either way). The cab mounts will be easy, I can fab like you suggested or just recenter the mounting holes. Rad support will be a fab of some sort, width should not be any additional complications. Rear bed mounts will also be fabbed since I dont plan on dropping the frame back down after the axle. The rear kit I have from flat out is the main consideration. It has 3 brackets. I included some pics. The Corvette IRS batwing mount is the first. That will have to be remade, but it was already in the works, because it is designed to hug the downward slope of the frame after the axle and mine is parallel to the ground. The coilover mount will not be affected at all. The 3rd bracket is the dogbone support. That I think will work in my favor. I will narrow the frame, but end up plating the joint in the rear, so that should put me back to roughly the same width as before.

I have a second truck that I am using for reference, it helps a lot. Long story on how I ended up with two. I will probably sell it but for now it is a great visual reference when I have to plan out stuff like this.

Thanks again for info, I'll post some more stuff tonight or Friday of my progress.
Attached Images

lexteak is offline   Reply With Quote