View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 08:47 PM   #95
lexteak

Re: 58 Apache with C4 Flatout Engineering

Thank you sir. I shimmed the frame in on table narrower by 1/2 and mocked the front cross member. It fit perfect. There is a step notch in the Flat Out Engineering CM that indexes on the bottom of frame. (see pic) I brought it up to bottom 2x6 and mounted all suspension. I get 5+ inches up upward travel and 3+ going down. That is before the control arms start to get really close to the frame. I think that will work. So by doing nothing to the frame, I just raise the front Ride Height by the one inch because of the original frame contour. My driveway mockup was really low in the front, so I can live with an additional inch up. The high ass end was my dislike and the reason I originally started with the new frame back half. After that I still had a little momentum so I tried to figure out the notch for the front tie rods. You cannot get the rack anywhere close to its mounting home while in the frame. So I pulled the CM and mounted it to my welding table. Ran the rack to extreme left and right and the suspension up and down and measured location for clearance. I think I have it figured out. Flat Out give you a half pipe boxing tube for this cutout. With the location now known it seems a no brainer to cut it out and move to the rear mockup. Thanks for you interest, nice to have a second set of eyes. Jay
Attached Images

lexteak is offline   Reply With Quote