View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 10:54 PM   #13
rkn463

Re: Bosch Hydromax brake booster info

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaHD View Post
Man I can't believe that little change would create such a great difference in pedal feel.
I'd run the math and figure out the pedal travel bit but my brain hurts today so I'm not going there!

Quote:
I'm gonna get on my computer this evening and read your build thread on the big screen. This phone is killing my eyes.
Good luck if you plan on reading the whole build, it went for a long time!

Quote:
Did your 89 have normal brake pedal travel before you swapped cabs? I just cant understand why the pedal doesn't travel as far as before. It should travel the same distance but require more force if everything else is the same and my thinking is correct.
Yes, the 89 felt like any modern pickup. The master cylinder swap may have contributed. Also, the clutch feels way different hooked to the 68 pedal set, it has similar geometry changes. When I first hooked it (the brakes) up I thought the hy-power unit wasn't working because of how hard the pedal was; but it actually has amazing stopping power, just no pedal feel. And if you kill the motor while you are rolling... well then you KNOW it was working! That is why I stopped working on the project, I consider it unsafe until I get a working auxiliary pump.

Quote:
Is your hydroboost on the firewall or under the floor?
It is on the firewall.

-Richard