View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 02:26 PM   #2
joedoh

Re: John Deere vs Cub Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Eagle02 View Post
I’m in the market for a new rider lawn mower. I’ve narrowed it down to these 2 brands. Was wondering if anyone had experience with one or both. I’ve heard you pay a premium for John Deere, but they are quality tractors.

Thanks

if you are looking at box stores, they are likely the same mower with minor differences. for box stores, big names will sometimes license their brand to a factory which specializes in inexpensive production. look for obvious things like deck pulley/belt layout, or other things that arent easy to change like spindles or hydrostat motors.

this is manufacturing in 2020, look at washer/dryers and see the striking similarity of layout and features, or do a search on earphones and get the same "beats" as generic $10 earphones without the logo.

my MIL just replaced her 15 year old JD 100 series with a new box store JD and the new one is a piece of junk compared to the old one.

for mowers, look for welded decks over stamped decks, stamping requires thinner and softer metal and you will run a higher risk of needing a replacement down the road. Look at the engine and if it says B&S or B&S for lowes, or any kind of E-series (e for economy)

I used to work in car stereo and this happened in the 90s, good names like Phoenix Gold or Precision Power sold their name/brand to cheap manufacturers and for a while it was tough to get good stuff.

If you are at the John Deere or Cub Cadet dealer, and arent buying the lowest priced or entry model, disregard.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote