View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 10:44 PM   #90
cornerstone

Re: 72 GMC K2500, short bed build

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy500 View Post
I picked up some real nice doors for this truck today. I got them from board member PICKMUP(Frank). Frank always has nice parts.
I paid about $1000 for these which i feel is a fair price for quality doors. I will sandblast the bottoms, inside and out to clean up the surface rust, i don't expect any holes just a little pitting.
As far as other damage, no speaker holes!...just a few dings and 3 mirror holes on each door, pretty easy fix.
A grand seems like a lot...but, if you were to add up all the prices plus shipping costs for far inferior aftermarket parts that make up a complete door, your money ahead. No one ever said this was a cheap hobby!

Looking forward to seeing the new paint work... how does that fit in on your time line? Do you typically have a particular order or minimum things done on the truck before you spray the color?

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote