View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 04:17 AM   #4359
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micmac View Post
Grizz,
I believe I can speak for most of the married men on the forum when I say we are glad I wives don't see the amount of work you do around the house, my Kiwi bride thinks since I retired she can hand me a punch list daily (and she does, which I faithfully complete!)If she saw your work, it (the list) would increase exponentially right after she found out how to advise you, my friend- of who reigns superior in the world of Rugby! I have never seen her fail to do so whenever she encounters a Springbok fan. Seriously you are a man of many talents and your effort is evident.
Pete
Morning Pete,

Thank you.

Rugby for me.... Zzzzzzzzzzz........

Regarding talents, we all have the same potential but many people choose not to necessarily exercise our options.
My brother, regimental sergeant major in the Engineering corps, has a garden service cut his grass and tend the beds.
He chooses to do that.
Me, fiercely protective of the therapy my garden offers.
Choices.

Speaking of choices.

And so the Corona virus and its fall out continues to screw up some people’s lives.

Changing the way we work and relax.

But nature seems to be happy, regardless of our issues.

Double headed rose in Mickeys garden, he loves his rose bushes.

It seems now certainly is the time to bring all those garden and housekeeping jobs, back up to date.

Mickey come knocking on Friday morning to ask me if I had an edging spade..... I had no I'd what it was till he showed me his mangled one.

Small, lightweight half moon, probably made for little old ladies to trim garden beds, not over eager guys changing their garden beds and laying brick edges to the lawn with cement.

So I did not have one to give him to use for removing the grass where he was reshaping the garden beds.

Instead, I stepped away from work for a bit and made a brace and welded it in place, then sharpened the spade and just for fun, repainted it red with some Poundland Red paint.

Mickey was very happy of course.

Straightened and Prepared

Grinding welds back.

Previously I mentioned that I was looking for a cheap used cement mixer to buy (Free is of course even better)

And less than 5 minutes after posting, @Johnnybravo replied and sent a couple of pictures.

“Needs a bit of attention, collect after 08.00 on Saturday if interested”

Of course I was interested, but I did not want to borrow a mixer, I prefer owning stuff, always cheaper to replace or repair for yourself, than a mates tools, as my own rule is [font color="e61972"]You bend it, You mend it[/font] so I asked how much he wanted for it, and the reply was along the lines of Take it, use it, if it self destructs, bin it.

Aaahhh, right, that works for me.

So the pics he sent:

Yup, I could work with that.

Soon it would be weekend and my first real trip in 8 weeks....... 25 miles each way to exercise.

Friday my lunch hour, after spending tea time fixing Mickeys spade, was spent 2.3 miles from home removing a rather large conifer at Sally’s front door with the Galaxy and its tow bar, that keeps coming in handy. Then removing it and bringing it home to my sidewalk where I knew the recycling guys would lift it straight into their truck.

It filled the rear load area.

Leaving the Galaxy needing a decent clean inside and a wash while I was at it.

and

Back to work again for more online training, testing, and strategising.

My colleague who is running a team development thing as part of his own development had this opening slide......

I had to take a pic.

Still, one should not complain, I am fortunate enough to continue being employed.

And to wrap this up.

From FB

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote