View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 07:59 AM   #222
Grip

Re: Son's 68 c10 Short Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroguy View Post
Interesting little problem I have been having. Every since we fired this motor, I have been trying to chase down a check engine light showing low voltage to the MAF. I have tried a couple different MAF Sensors without any success. Started trying to figure it out, and through the process of elimination, I came to the realization the MAF connector was wired incorrectly. Just got off the phone with Hotwire Auto and we went over his schematic and he confirmed the B = black wire and C = red wire are flipped.

Interestingly, we are currently doing the same motor in another truck for my nephew and his was wired incorrectly as well.
I ran into a similar issue while doing an LS swap. I was using a factory truck harness but used the newer “card style” MAF instead of the truck one. Thought I had a bad MAF but it turns out that GM uses a different pin out (same plug shape) for the two styles of MAF. Once I looked at and compared the wiring schematics, I swapped the two wires and bingo.

68 Anniversary Gold C-20 LWB to C-10 SWB build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=637492

It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
Grip is offline   Reply With Quote