View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 05:35 PM   #36
wixthedog

Re: The 1976 Beater Build - by Wixthedog

The day started out strong!

I was able to replace the front coil springs without any drama, it sure was nice breaking everything apart since I was just in about 6 months ago. Everything came apart so easily! I took out the 2" drop springs and installed 1" drop springs. Hard to tell what the result is without the weight of the engine/front clip and they'll need to settle. I'll hang onto the 2" drops until I know I'm happy.

I then moved on to the seeping rear differential cover! I got everything lined up and ready to remove bolts and I saw what the culprit was, one of the bolts was missing at the 7 o'clock. Not missing, sheared off. Not just sheared off, but sheared off with an extractor already sheared off inside of it. Ugh.

Not much I can do about that so I cleaned everything up and will go ahead and install the cleaned and painted cover with the empty bolt hole. Worst case I got rid of the nasty mud oil that was inside of it...

I'm picking up the gasket set for the SM465 this afternoon and will continue working away.
Attached Images

1979 C20 RCLB - 350 - TH350 Auto
wixthedog is offline   Reply With Quote