Thread: The Rules
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 06:18 AM   #11
special-K
Special Order

Re: The Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Tim they closed the ACE hardware ? Mine are open have been since the start guess anything to do with home repairs supply stayed open .
Not closed, curbside pick up only. All smaller shops were ordered to do that. I got paint at Sherwinn-Williams. Fortunately I already had my color selected.

1- Pull into parking lot and call the store

2- Tell them my needs, which was meet at the door with sample to scan

3- Wait at door while getting wrung up, go to truck with receipt

4- I sit in truck while paint gets mixed

5- Employee opens door and waves for me to come for paint

That's how the Ace would work. They still did business but these places I usually pick up other items I see while paint is being mixed. And as far as the hardware store goes, sometimes you have to hunt around to find the right thing for your project. Even a thing as simple as finding the right screw or an alternative if just the right thing is not available. That's what their employees try to help you with. So, it's not the same as being open c'mon in and the owners of the hardwares I deal with claim about 25% drop in sales.

But you can crowd into a liquor store as long as you have your mask on. I don't know why they couldn't just limit the number of people allowed in the store same as the big boxes. It may have been owner discretion to protect their employees.

All my suppliers have remained open. In fact, no businesses that I deal with, personal or business, have been closed. I'm not a consumerist, I only buy essentials.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote