View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 03:46 PM   #27
akart

Re: New fuel pump= flooding and gas every whare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71gmcC15 View Post
I have ran this q jet for 2 years never messed with any thing. So the chases of the needle clip being installed wrong is out the window. I replaced the old pump with a new one because it was leaking realy bad. There is a inline fule filter. I dont have any of the original hard line left. As for the incarb filter being missing. Have know idea if its there or not never touched it. It was just fine till I put a new pump on. Pressure from the pump can blow passed the needle and seat if it's to much. I ordered a regulator. If that doesn't fix it then I gess I'm going to eldbrock
If you go w/an Edelbrock you will have to get there fuel pump which puts out 6 lbs or regulate your current pump to put out 6 lbs. I have one and am very happy w/it. Check this forum for jet and needle suggestion as stock can be a little rich,easy to change out. The Q-Jet manifold won't work w/an Edelbrock and a new Manifold to fit isn't that much and I hear adapters aren't that good, so it's good to go w/ a new manifold.
What the heck it's just money.

Last edited by akart; 05-19-2020 at 03:53 PM. Reason: add'n
akart is offline   Reply With Quote