View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 09:03 PM   #37
wixthedog

Re: The 1976 Beater Build - by Wixthedog

Progress! Sort of...

I ran to town and picked up some new bolts for the 12-Bolt, turns out they were 3/4" and about 1/4" too long so I had to get more. The old ones were a mishmash and I didn't like them. I did get everything cleaned up and gooped it up with some of the Black RTV for oil stuff so fingers crossed when I fill it up it doesn't leak!

If you have ever removed the top cover from an SM465 do yourself a favor, don't. What a huge PITA and it is still not back on. The trick is to put it half way into reverse to pull it, and that worked, but while wrestling the chunk of iron to the other end of the work bench it slipped into neutral. Now I cant get the dang thing aligned back to set back in. Ugh.

Short block is ready! The block was dipped, inspected, and decked. Crank was inspected and stayed standard but the block was bored out to .030 since it had a wear line. A set of Sealed Power hypereutectic flat top pistons with 4-way reliefs made their way in since the OE's were garbage. Edelbrock Performer Plus Cam (218 intake/224 exhaust) and double roller timing set installed and degreed. 2 piece rear main installed and ready to go.

Then mama said to cut the grass, and I hit a stump. Ugh.
Attached Images

1979 C20 RCLB - 350 - TH350 Auto
wixthedog is offline   Reply With Quote