View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 09:42 PM   #138
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

thanks all!

father&son, I designed it modular so that I could use it on other trucks, so maybe if you told me the distance from your dash to the firewall in a straight line I could make something up.

twinshadows I stay home anyway haha. contract engineer.

I had some time between rainstorms and rental work so I started working on the front clip again. remember the front clip? a month ago I cut the windows in it. it was REALLY floppy, this is a great reason NOT to take your front end all completely apart, firstly keeping it together means it will all line back up when you reinstall it and second it doesnt get all floppy when you are working on it. I didnt have a choice though, the front end was already taken apart when I bought it.

I dug out a chrome grille from the stash and cleaned up all the holes that were full of either broken bolts or full of rust.

I assembled the bottom side first after getting a single bolt in each side of the grille. I didnt have the speed nuts or the bolts for the bottom so I used some self tappers. it was held pretty tight by the 3 lower bolts and the grille brace, but if you ever drive and hear the front end squeaking it is 100% this area here.

I will reinforce those grille bolts when I test fit and check if it needs more trimming. when I flipped it over it was already pretty solid but I still kept adding bolts.

then a hood latch plate from the storage too.

after all of that (seriously about 20 bolts and 14 screws) it was super solid, ready for a trial fit tomorrow. I threw the hood on to check out the color combo I have going.

I like it!

it was originally going to rain all weekend from thurs night to sunday, but it started wed night and now its done, so I have sat and half sunday, going out to hopefully finish gregs truck, well my part of it anyway.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote